Veneer Dentist Near Merion Station
VENEER DENTIST SERVING MERION STATION, JENKINTOWN, ELKINS PARK, GLENSIDE, WILLOW GROVE, WYNCOTE & SURROUNDING AREAS
Merion Station Cosmetic Dentist
Porcelain veneers are the easiest, safest, and most effective solutions to improve your smile. A veneer dentist near Merion Station is great for solving a number of different cosmetic dental problems including:
- Discoloration from food, liquids, or smoking: When you eat foods and drink liquids, such as coffee beverages often, there is a tendency for your teeth to get stained. There are three types of teeth discoloration: intrinsic, extrinsic, and age. When you see visible teeth stains, it is due to the extrinsic teeth discoloration caused by what you ingest. Drinking black coffee every day can contribute to why your teeth are stained, as well as drinking tea. Tea, especially green tea, actually causes more discoloration than coffee because it has tannins, theaflavins, and thearubigins in it, which all contribute to tooth discoloration. On the general side of things, food and drinks that contain lots of sugar, such as soda and candy, should be consumed less due to how much they stain your teeth.
- Chips, cracks, or pitting: The tooth enamel, otherwise known as the outer covering of your teeth, is one of the strongest parts of the human body, however, it has its limits in strength. When hit with force or when you fall, there are chances for a chipped or cracked tooth to occur. When there is a chipped tooth, the surface of the tooth becomes tender, out of shape, and sharp. Other causes of a chipped or cracked tooth include biting down on hard substances or grinding your teeth in your sleep aside from possibly getting into an accident. When you visit a veneer dentist serving the Merion Station will likely recommend porcelain veneers that resemble the shape and feel of the old tooth before the incident, so that you don’t feel tooth sensitivity in the cracked tooth anymore.
- Crooked teeth. Dealing with crooked teeth can be disheartening and make one self-conscious of their smile. It can even make one’s smile unaligned, it can make one not feel confident. Aside from the physical aspects of things, crooked teeth can cause one to be exposed to the possibility of gum diseases, which would mean you might need an emergency dental treatment.
- Gaps between teeth are typically closed using a cosmetic dental procedure, called dental bonding, to seal. During this procedure, your Merion Station cosmetic dentist will use a dental resin, which is hardened through strong UV lights, to cover the affected spot. Porcelain veneers are great for discolored teeth, chipped tooth or gaps between teeth. They are made of porcelain shells that the dentist places over the teeth to close gaps.
- Abnormally shaped teeth or Mulberry teeth tend to occur for a variety of different reasons including, cerebral palsy, congenital syphilis, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, or other health-related conditions. If you are a parent, you may have noticed the abnormal tooth right from your child’s first set of 32 teeth start to take shape. Hutchinson’s and peg teeth are additional names used to refer to abnormally shaped teeth due to how widely spaced they are from one another and how stumpy they appear. Not only can genetic health problems cause abnormality in how the teeth are shaped, but tooth decay and cavities are other causes of teeth going out of shape. Because there are various kinds of abnormally shaped teeth, it is important to call your trusted veneer dentist near Merion Station that can examine the teeth issue, suggest the factors that contributed to the teeth going out of shape, as well as, schedule a follow up appointment to rectify the problem.
- Minor misaligned teeth lead to overbites and improper chewing of meals. Say goodbye to out-of-shape teeth when you get dental veneers installed by your cosmetic dentist in Merion Station so that you don’t experience issues with your TMJ. When such a thing happens, you begin to experience unwanted pain and discomfort.
Our veneers are custom made for your smile. They are made of thin shells of ceramic that are bonded to the front of your teeth to improve strength, durability, and overall aesthetics. They can provide a comprehensive remedy to a variety of cosmetic dental problems giving you the clean, bright, healthy looking smile you’ve always wanted. That is why it is extremely important to have an experienced veneer specialist near Merion Station provide you with the advanced dental care that you need.
Are Porcelain Veneers The Right Choice For Me?
Depending on the state of your oral health, veneers may be the best option for you. It is important to know that not everyone is a good candidate for porcelain veneers. Since some of the tooth structure may have to be removed in order to bond the porcelain veneer to your actual tooth, situations where you may not be a good candidate include:
- Decayed teeth
- Active gum disease
- If you grind your teeth
- If your teeth do not have enough enamel to bond to the porcelain
- If you have a significantly large filling
The only way to fully determine whether you are a good candidate for porcelain veneers is to schedule an appointment with our office today. Our cosmetic dentists can make sure your Jenkintown veneers last years and years if cared for properly.
Everyone knows that having a great smile not only boosts your confidence but also is a sign of good overall health. Our team of cosmetic dentists in Jenkintown is committed to providing you with the healthy, beautiful smile you have always dreamed of. We take pride in offering the latest advancements in cosmetic dentistry including dental implants to brighten, enhance, repair, and straighten your teeth. We also provide the following dental services: Invisalign™ clear braces, pediatric dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, emergency dentistry, dental implants, fillings/restorations, dentures, bridges, dental crowns, tooth extractions, root canals, bonding porcelain veneers, inlays and onlays, and teeth whitening. Proudly serving Merion Station, Jenkintown PA, Abington PA, Elkins Park PA, Cheltenham PA, Glenside PA, Willow Grove PA, Wyncote, and surrounding areas.